Providing BDL's Test Facilities to Private Sectors
1. Test facility:
The list of test facilities which can be made available to private sector for testing of materials /sub-systems / equipment are as per the list (Test Facility 1) & (Test Facility 2) and the List of Nodal Officers is available in the attachment (Nodal Officers).
2.Registration of Private sector for use of test facilities:
A private sector already registered with the company can directly avail the test facilities as per the procedure. The credentials / track record of a new private sector shall submit the following documents (it is preferred that the following documents to be submitted by a new private sector).
- Company Profile
- Income Tax returns for last 3 years
- Audited balance sheet / P&L Statement for last 3 years
- PAN / GSTIN - SAC / HSN Pertaining
The verification will be carried out by the company.
3. Procedure to avail the test facilities by a private sector:
- A registered private sector shall submit the end use certificate.
- The items / sub systems meant for defence applications will only be tested
- The Nodal agency in respective BDL unit will study the technical specs of the test to be carried out.
- The slot availability along with quote will be communicated to private sector in case the available test facilities are capable of meeting the technical requirements.
- The private sector shall place a Service Order including acceptance of payment terms as per the quote and handover the job at the BDL Premises to carry out the test(s).
- The test(s) will be carried out as per standard procedures by BDL Personnel only. However, private sector representative is allowed to witness the test.
- The test reports along with the job will be handed over to the private sector.
4. General terms & conditions:
- The test services to Private sector will be made available, only in case of spare capacity, over and above meeting the internal needs.
- All transportation of job (loading / unloading) from / to BDL`s testing premises & during testing is the responsibility of the private sector.
- Personnel from Private sector to produce proof of Identity / authorisation letter.
- The Hourly Rate indicated in the list, is for budgetary purpose only. The rates may vary and the actual rates will be indicated in the quote, furnished by the respective units of BDL.
- The test charges are applicable for standard test procedures. In case of any additional tests, charges will be suitably modified depending on the job specifications and its testing procedures.
- Taxes and duties are extra as applicable.
- BDL will not be responsible for loss / damage to the equipment / instrument while carrying out the test(s).
- If any damage occurs to equipment / property / personnel resulting from the testing of the job of private sector, the private sector should bear the expenses in repair / replacement of the facility. All necessary insurance coverage for the job shall be the responsibility of the private sector.
- Terms & conditions may be arrived / finalised on mutually agreed basis.
Last Updated/Reviewed Date: 02/02/2021