Board Of Directors
CHAIRMAN & MANAGING DIRECTOR
- Commodore A Madhavarao (Retd.) has assumed charge as Chairman and Managing Director of Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) on 19 Jul 23. He had joined Bharat Dynamics Limited in Mar 2020 as Executive Director and was currently holding the post of Director (Technical) with additional charge of Director (Production)
- An Alumnus of various prestigious educational Institutes and Universities, he has a B. Tech in Electrical Engineering, ME in Electronics & Telecommunication, MSc in Defence Studies, MBA in Finance and Master of Management Studies. Apart from his current experience in BDL, he has had an illustrious career spanning over three decades in the Indian Navy.
- In his previous appointments at BDL, he played a significant role in establishing a Product Support Group to provide credible support to the Indian Armed Forces, enhancing the in-house R & D activities and establishing an effective supply chain to meet Production schedules. He played a pivotal role in developing infrastructure in BDL to enable the Company take up initiatives towards realization of Atmanirbharta in Defence and manufacturing of future generation of advanced missiles on a fast-track basis. He has been instrumental in signing of contracts with the Indian Armed Forces/Ministry of Defence and other foreign countries contributing significantly to the current healthy order book position of the Company.
- During his tenure in the Indian Navy, Commodore Madhavarao took part in the Kargil and Parakram operations. He was instrumental in setting up the Nuclear and Safety field organisation in Visakhapatnam for induction of Nuclear Submarines into the Indian Navy. He served onboard two classes of submarines of Indian Navy and played a key role in the induction of Nuclear Submarine Chakra. He has also served on three frontline ships of the Navy and held key positions in the Command Headquarters in Visakhapatnam and Integrated Headquarters Ministry of Defence Navy, New Delhi and was responsible for future planning and policy making.
- He has a long association with the Naval Dockyards, served as General Manager Technical at Naval Dockyard Visakhapatnam and was responsible for preparing the long-term perspective plan for the Naval Dockyard modernisation.
- As a member of the Top Management of BDL and the Indian Navy, he has provided excellent leadership to steer various ‘Make-in-India’ programmes in Defence, which have paid rich dividends to the Company and the Nation.
Commodore A Madhavarao (Retd.)
Chairman and Managing Director
- Shri U Raja Babu is widely known for his significant contributions in the design, development and successful demonstration of Ballistic Missile Defence capabilities. He started his career with Indian Air Force in 1988 and subsequently joined DRDO in 1995.
During his 35 years of professional aerospace career, he worked on aircrafts, helicopters and development of many missile systems. As Programme Director, AD at RCI, he provided necessary thrust to the design, development and successful demonstration of Ballistic Missile Defence system. Under his leadership, "Mission Shakti," India's first Anti Satellite Missile Test (A-SAT) has been successfully demonstrated.
As Director RCI, he worked on development of many critical technologies and mission mode projects , development of advanced missile avionics for all tactical, ATGMs, strategic, cruise missiles and weapon systems for armed forces.
His technological and techno-managerial achievements in Indian Defence Programmes elevated him to the position as “Director General, Missiles & Strategic Systems”.
His ingenious efforts and contributions for defence applications brought him many recognitions. He conferred with Path breaking research & outstanding technology development award for successfully leading the demonstration of Mission Shakti.
Other prestigious awards conferred on him are, the Agni award for excellence in self- reliance, DRDO scientist of the year and Vigyan Pratibha Samman Award.
He is a fellow Institution of Engineers (IE) and life member of many professional societies.
Shri U Raja Babu
Director General, Missiles and Strategic Systems (MSS)
- Shri Anurag Bajpai belongs to 1994 batch of Indian Forest Service. He has been trained at Indira Gandhi National Forest Academy, Dehradun. A Post Graduate in Economics, Financial Management and Mass Communication, has got international exposure in forestry, environment policy, energy, women empowerment and global governance in various countries including Indonesia, South Korea, Germany, United Kingdom, Italy, Denmark, Belgium, Malaysia, Bahrein and Brazil. He has worked in Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO), Rome on a Project for 3 months. He has travelled across 32 countries and gained experience in policy planning and administration.
- In Govt. of India, Sh. Anurag Bajpai was instrumental in bringing reforms in the process of forestry clearance within the legal framework and formulated first Wind Energy Policy of India. He has been instrumental in Skill Development, Education, Infrastructure Development and Women Empowerment. He served as Asstt. Inspector General of Forest, Dy.Secretary and Director in M/o Environment, Forest & Climate Change, M/o Tribal Affairs and M/o Minority Affairs respectively in his previous terms.
- In his parent cadre i.e. Manipur, he has held various senior positions right from Divisional Forest Officer onwards and gained administrative experience. He served in Forest & Environment Department and Deptt. of Textiles, Commerce and Industries. Before joining the Deptt of Defence Production in MoD, Govt. of India as Joint Secretary, he was Addl. Principal Chief Conservator of Forests in Forest Department and CEO of Mission for Economic Empowerment of Traditional Artisan & Craftsmen (MEETAC) in Deptt. of Commerce and Industries in Manipur.
Shri Anurag Bajpai
Joint Secretary (DIP)
WHOLE TIME DIRECTORS
- Shri Nuka Srinivasulu assumed charge on 01 July 2020 as Director (Finance) of Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL), a Miniratna Category - 1 Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Defence, Govt. of India.
- A Bachelor in Commerce and an MBA in Finance from Osmania University, Hyderabad, Shri Srinivasulu has a rich experience in various areas of Finance spanning over 30 years, which includes 24 years in BDL.
- Prior to his new assignment, he has served as General Manager (Finance) at BDL.
- During his tenure at BDL, he has played an instrumental role in coordinating with anchor investors for the maiden IPO of the Company, implementation of Indian Accounting Standards, Treasury Management, Taxation, Budgetary Control and Policy formulation.
Shri Nuka Srinivasulu
- Shri P V Raja Ram took charge of the Director (Production), BDL w.e.f 30 August 2023.He is a Mechanical Engineer from Osmania University.
- Mr. Raja Ram has rich experience spanning 34 years in various areas of Missile Production. Prior to his new appointment, Mr. Raja Ram has served as Executive Director, head of Kanchanbagh unit.
- Earlier as General Manager, Head of Surface to Air Missiles he played a key role in establishing facilities and streamlining Production of MRSAM Missiles and was instrumental in establishing flexible manufacturing lines for Akash Missile and its variants as head of Akash Weapon System.
- He was actively involved in preparation of Quality and process documents for implementation of ISO 9001 for Prithvi and Akash Missiles. Played a key role in establishing facilities for Production of Prithvi missile
Shri P V Raja Ram
Shri Sunil Chintaman Mone is a Mumbai based practising Chartered Accountant. After passing Bachelor of Commerce degree he cleared his CA exams in the year 1981. Presently he is associated as staff consultant of Asian Development Bank as Senior Financial Management Specialist for projects. He is also associated as Financial Management Specialist with Grant Thornton projects. Prior to this he has rich experience in private sector audits, taxation and was empaneled with SBI for industries loans assessments. He has 22 years experience also with Government sector and has been very active in Finance aspects of CSS schemes, PMGSY, MGNREGS, IWMP, IRRIGATION CORP, ULBs PFMS. Tourism etc. as Financial Advisor/auditor/controller/expert. He is a visiting faculty at C&AG, ICAI and YASHADA. He has contributed towards upliftment of society and has worked with Akhil Bharatiya Vanvasi Kalyan Ashram and other local NGOs.
Shri Sunil Chintaman Mone
Prof. (Dr.) Sanghamitra Mishra is working as Additional Dean of Super specialty - DM/MCH program and Head of the department Critical Care Medicine at the Institute of Medical Sciences and Sum hospital, SIKHA ‘O’ Anusandhan University (A Deemed University declared u/s 3 of UGC Act 1956). She is one of the rare faculty having degree from Indian College of Critical Care medicine (Indian Diploma in Critical Care Medicine and Fellowship in Indian College of Critical Care Medicine), Fellowship in Cardiac Anesthesia from Narayan Hrudayalaya, Bengaluru, Certificate Course in Research Methodology from Indian Institute of Public Health, Research University Gandhinagar and Fellowship in 2D ECHO Cardiography (Medvarsity), Curriculum Design Course, NIHFW, New Delhi, in addition to her regular degree of M.D in Anesthesiology. She has 22 years of clinical and administrative experience in both private and public / Govt. health sectors namely MKCG Medical College Berhampur, SCB Medical college Cuttack, Kalinga Hospital Bhubaneswar, Narayan Hrudayalaya, Bengaluru, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi and IMS & SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar. She had been instrumental in starting the DNB program at Kalinga hospital, BBSR. She has immense academic contribution as a faculty to many professional societies like ISA, ISCCM, IMA, ISSP, IACTA & IRC and recipient of many best paper & peer reviewer awards from these societies for her research work. She had significant healthcare contribution in the recent covid pandemic. She has also been associated with “Beti Bachao Beti Padhao” a Govt.of India initiative.
Prof. (Dr.) Sanghamitra Mishra
Shri Rajendra Singh Shekhawat has degree in B.SC (Science Graduate) and LLB and Retired as Add. Superintendent of Police (Rajasthan Police). He worked as Astt. Commissioner of Police and Addl SP Anti-Corruption Bureau in Rajasthan Police. He has received the President Police Medal, the highest award of the Police Department for Distinguished service awarded by the former President Shri APJ Abdul Kalam.
Shri Rajendra Singh Shekhawat
Nandakumar Subburaman (Nandu) is the Founder CEO of Perfint Healthcare (P) Ltd, Chennai, India and President of Perfint Healthcare Corporation, USA. Perfint is India's first Medical Robotics company. Perfint’s award winning, patented technology is cleared by USFDA and CE and is installed at over 100 top medical Institutions around the world.
Prior to founding Perfint, Nandu served as Director – Process Excellence at Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTSH : NASDAQ) , as COO – Ambit Corporate Finance and VP – Finance, Wipro GE Medical Systems and Manager – Finance, GE Medical Systems, South Asia.
He is an alumnus of the Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow, India and of the Government college of Engineering, Tirunelveli, India.
Shri Nanda Kumar Subburaman
Dr. Pawan Sthapak has degree in MBBS, DOMS and MS. He is Director in Janjyoti Super Specialty Eye Hospital and Dada Virendra Puri ji eye Institute. He is a National Convenor of Cornea Andhtva Mukt Bharat Abhiyann (CAMBA) and also Executive Council Member of National Institute for the empowerment of the persons with visual disabilities (NIEPVD)GOI. In 2009 he was awarded by Indian Red Cross Society for delivering excellent Medicinal Services.
Dr. Pawan Sthapak
Shri Jaswant Lal Sonkar is from Uttar Pradesh. He has degree in B.SC from Awadh University. The area of specialization of Shri Jashwant Lal is in Social service.
Shri Jashwant Lal
Last Updated/Reviewed Date: 13/07/2023