Board Of Directors
CHAIRMAN & MANAGING DIRECTOR
- Commodore Siddharth Mishra (Retd) has assumed charge as the Chairman and Managing Director of Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) with effect from 01 March 2019.
- Commodore Mishra was commissioned in the Electrical Branch of Indian Navy in the year 1985. Post-retirement from Navy in Sep 2016,Commodore Mishra served ECIL, a Schedule “A” Central Public Sector Enterprise. Prior to joining BDL, he was General Manager (Defence) at ECIL, Hyderabad.
- Commodore Mishra is a B.Tech in Electrical Engineering, an MSc in Defence Studies and Master of Management Science. He is an alumnus of the prestigious Naval Academy and Naval College of Engineering, Lonavala.
- In his 33 years of distinguished career, Commodore Mishra has held varied Operational and Staff appointments, in addition to heading four major groups at ECIL.
- At Naval Headquarters, he was instrumental in inducting and managing state-of- the- art technology, including policy framing and was in the core team and represented Indian Navy for induction of the Air Craft Carrier into the Services.
- At Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam, he planned, coordinated and oversaw execution of refits and modernization of ships and submarines.He also controlled and managed the flawless operation/maintenance/asset management/infrastructure development and resource planning of the Dockyard.
- As a member of the Top Management of ECIL, he has provided excellent leadership to steer various ‘Make-in-India’ programme in defence and other sectors, that has paid rich dividend to the Nation.
Cmde Siddharth Mishra (Retd)
Chairman & Managing Director
- Shri Chandraker Bharti was appointed as Government Nominee Director of our Company with effect from February 02, 2021
- Shri Chandraker Bharti, an engineering graduate from Delhi College of Engineering, had joined Indian Administrative Service in September, 1996 (AGMUT). He has also acquired M.Sc degree in Public Management & Policy from London School of Economics & Political Science, U.K.
- Shri Chandraker Bharti has more than 22 years of experience in Civil Services. He has held various important assignments, which include Additional Commissioner, Department of Sales Tax, Govt. of NCT of Delhi; Director, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Govt. of India; Development Commissioner in various Government Departments such as Agriculture, Finance & Planning, Industries & Commerce, Information Technology, etc. in the Union Territory of Pondicherry. He had also served for a short period as Secretary, Health & Family Welfare and Environment & Forest Departments of Government of NCT of Delhi.
- Shri Chandraker Bharti had joined as Joint Secretary in the Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence in April, 2017 and has been entrusted with the responsibility of Aerospace Division. He is also a Government Nominee Director (Part-Time Official Director) on the Board of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited.
Shri Chandraker Bharti
Joint Secretary (Aero)
- Dr BHVS Narayana Murthy, DG (MSS) & Distinguished Scientist was appointed as Government Nominee Director of Our Company.
- Dr BHVS Narayana Murthy is a distinguished defence scientist and renowned for his R&D in the indigenous design & development of advanced Avionics technologies for defence and aerospace applications in India.
- As Director and Programme Director, he spearheaded Research Centre Imarat (RCI), an avionics laboratory of Dr APJ Abdul Kalam Missile Complex steering the design, development and delivery of Avionics and wide range of missiles & guided weapon systems. He graduated in Electronics and Communication Engineering from REC, Warangal, completed his M.Tech from JNTU, Hyderabad and received Ph.D in Computer Science from IIIT, Hyderabad. He joined DRDO in the year 1986.
- Dr Murthy is the Chief Architect of advanced Onboard Computer (OBC) technologies for missile systems and other defence applications. His sustained contributions and technology leadership over the last three decades has been transformative for making India self-reliant in advanced Real Time Embedded Computers, mission computing systems and other avionics technologies.
- He led the design and development of advanced Avionics for "Mission Shakti," India's first Anti Satellite Missile Test (A-SAT) and Long Range Missile Agni 5, elevating India into a league of select nations and strengthening indigenous defence capabilities.
- He played a vital role in the successful development and demonstration of avionics systems for BVRAAM Astra, QRSAM, Akash1S, Akash NG, HSTDV, NGARM, Long Range Guided Bombs, BrahMos, ATGM Nag, HELINA, MPATGM, SANT, BMD, ANSP, Agni series of missiles and other guided weapon systems.
- As Project Director, he led the conceptualization, design and development of the Smart Anti-Airfield Weapon (SAAW) and laid foundation for Long Range Smart Guided systems with precision strike capabilities. As an Onboard Computer specialist and Technology Director, Dr Murthy significantly contributed in conceptualization, planning, design, development of advanced Real-time Computer technologies for various Missiles, fighter Aircrafts and for other strategic applications.
- He architected the development & production of single chip mission computer - System on Chip, and Integrated Avionics Module (IAM) bringing in quantum jump in miniaturization of Onboard Avionics for futuristic miniaturized smart weapon systems. His R&D contributions had a major impact on the indigenization of critical Aerospace and Missile technologies.
- For his distinguished contributions, he has been conferred with Honorary Fellowship of Computer Society of India, elected as Fellow of the Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) and Indian Society of Systems for Science and Engineering.
- Other prestigious awards conferred on Dr Murthy includes Rocket and Related Technologies Award by the Astronautical Society of India, Agni Award for Excellence in Self Reliance, DRDO Scientist of the Year Award, Path Breaking Research/Outstanding Technology Development Award and DRDO Performance Excellence Award.
Dr BHVS Narayana Murthy
Director General (Missiles and Strategic Systems)
WHOLE TIME DIRECTORS
- Shri Nuka Srinivasulu assumed charge on 01 July 2020 as Director (Finance) of Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL), a Miniratna Category - 1 Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Defence, Govt. of India.
- A Bachelor in Commerce and an MBA in Finance from Osmania University, Hyderabad, Shri Srinivasulu has a rich experience in various areas of Finance spanning over 30 years, which includes 24 years in BDL.
- Prior to his new assignment, he has served as General Manager (Finance) at BDL.
- During his tenure at BDL, he has played an instrumental role in coordinating with anchor investors for the maiden IPO of the Company, implementation of Indian Accounting Standards, Treasury Management, Taxation, Budgetary Control and Policy formulation.
Shri Nuka Srinivasulu
- Shri. P.Radhakrishna has assumed charge on 1 June 2019 as Director (Production) of Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL).
- Prior to his new appointment, Shri Radhakrishna served as a General Manager in the Bhanur Unit of BDL where he played a key role in establishing the production line for Konkurs, Konkurs – M and Invar Anti-Tank Guided Missiles, Launcher & Rifles ensuring safe operations with an objective of reaching set targets.
- An M.Tech. in Industrial Engineering and Management from JNTU, Hyderabad and a B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from Nagarjuna University in Andhra Pradesh, Shri Radhakrishna holds rich experience, spanning over 32 years, in various fields of Missile Production which includes areas like Component Production, Missile Integration & testing, Project Planning, Quality Control & Indigenization of Missile Systems.
- He also established effective supply chain management in Anti-Tank Guided Missile Project/s by developing multi-vendor base and import substitution.
- He played a key role in modernizing and establishing state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities to improve the productivity.
- He actively involved in the preparation, implementation of ISO9001:2008 Quality Management System throughout BDL, Bhanur Unit, which is now operating as aerospace standard AS9100D.
- He has been nominated as Member of Technical Oversight Committee by the Ministry of Defence for procurement of modular combat management systems for the Indian Navy and preparation of Long Term Orders for Draft Indigenization Policy.
- Shri N P Diwakar has assumed charge on 1 September 2018 as Director (Technical) of Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL).
- Prior to his appointment as Director, he served as Executive Director (Bhanur Unit) at BDL. Shri N.P. Diwakar is B.E., in Mechanical Engineering from Osmania University, Hyderabad.
- He has rich Experience span of 28 years in various Missile programs such as Prithvi, Akash & ATGM’s.
- He worked in tandem with DRDO to realise the Prithvi & Akash Missile systems from Development Mode to Series Production Mode.
- He was an Instrumental in Establishing of production lines and man power planning of Akash Missiles and Konkurs Missiles to meet requirement of the Services.
- Establishing Production facilities for Astra Missile at Bhanur. Successfully negotiated with MOD, and received orders Konkurs-M Missiles during March 2017. Prior to joining BDL, he worked for M/s. Oil Natural Gas Corporation, for 6 Years.
Shri N P Diwakar
Shri Sunil Chintaman Mone is a Mumbai based practising Chartered Accountant. After passing Bachelor of Commerce degree he cleared his CA exams in the year 1981. Presently he is associated as staff consultant of Asian Development Bank as Senior Financial Management Specialist for projects. He is also associated as Financial Management Specialist with Grant Thornton projects. Prior to this he has rich experience in private sector audits, taxation and was empaneled with SBI for industries loans assessments. He has 22 years experience also with Government sector and has been very active in Finance aspects of CSS schemes, PMGSY, MGNREGS, IWMP, IRRIGATION CORP, ULBs PFMS. Tourism etc. as Financial Advisor/auditor/controller/expert. He is a visiting faculty at C&AG, ICAI and YASHADA. He has contributed towards upliftment of society and has worked with Akhil Bharatiya Vanvasi Kalyan Ashram and other local NGOs.
Shri Sunil Chintaman Mone
Prof. (Dr.) Sanghamitra Mishra is working as Additional Dean of Super specialty - DM/MCH program and Head of the department Critical Care Medicine at the Institute of Medical Sciences and Sum hospital, SIKHA ‘O’ Anusandhan University (A Deemed University declared u/s 3 of UGC Act 1956). She is one of the rare faculty having degree from Indian College of Critical Care medicine (Indian Diploma in Critical Care Medicine and Fellowship in Indian College of Critical Care Medicine), Fellowship in Cardiac Anesthesia from Narayan Hrudayalaya, Bengaluru, Certificate Course in Research Methodology from Indian Institute of Public Health, Research University Gandhinagar and Fellowship in 2D ECHO Cardiography (Medvarsity), Curriculum Design Course, NIHFW, New Delhi, in addition to her regular degree of M.D in Anesthesiology. She has 22 years of clinical and administrative experience in both private and public / Govt. health sectors namely MKCG Medical College Berhampur, SCB Medical college Cuttack, Kalinga Hospital Bhubaneswar, Narayan Hrudayalaya, Bengaluru, Sir Ganga Ram Hospital, New Delhi and IMS & SUM Hospital Bhubaneswar. She had been instrumental in starting the DNB program at Kalinga hospital, BBSR. She has immense academic contribution as a faculty to many professional societies like ISA, ISCCM, IMA, ISSP, IACTA & IRC and recipient of many best paper & peer reviewer awards from these societies for her research work. She had significant healthcare contribution in the recent covid pandemic. She has also been associated with “Beti Bachao Beti Padhao” a Govt.of India initiative.
Prof. (Dr.) Sanghamitra Mishra
Shri Rajendra Singh Shekhawat has degree in B.SC (Science Graduate) and LLB and Retired as Add. Superintendent of Police (Rajasthan Police). He worked as Astt. Commissioner of Police and Addl SP Anti-Corruption Bureau in Rajasthan Police. He has received the President Police Medal, the highest award of the Police Department for Distinguished service awarded by the former President Shri APJ Abdul Kalam.
Shri Rajendra Singh Shekhawat
Nandakumar Subburaman (Nandu) is the Founder CEO of Perfint Healthcare (P) Ltd, Chennai, India and President of Perfint Healthcare Corporation, USA. Perfint is India's first Medical Robotics company. Perfint’s award winning, patented technology is cleared by USFDA and CE and is installed at over 100 top medical Institutions around the world.
Prior to founding Perfint, Nandu served as Director – Process Excellence at Cognizant Technology Solutions (CTSH : NASDAQ) , as COO – Ambit Corporate Finance and VP – Finance, Wipro GE Medical Systems and Manager – Finance, GE Medical Systems, South Asia.
He is an alumnus of the Indian Institute of Management, Lucknow, India and of the Government college of Engineering, Tirunelveli, India.
Shri Nanda Kumar Subburaman
Dr. Pawan Sthapak has degree in MBBS, DOMS and MS. He is Director in Janjyoti Super Specialty Eye Hospital and Dada Virendra Puri ji eye Institute. He is a National Convenor of Cornea Andhtva Mukt Bharat Abhiyann (CAMBA) and also Executive Council Member of National Institute for the empowerment of the persons with visual disabilities (NIEPVD)GOI. In 2009 he was awarded by Indian Red Cross Society for delivering excellent Medicinal Services.
Dr. Pawan Sthapak
Last Updated/Reviewed Date: 02/02/2021