Board Of Directors
CHAIRMAN & MANAGING DIRECTOR
- Commodore Siddharth Mishra (Retd) has assumed charge as the Chairman and Managing Director of Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL) with effect from 01 March 2019.
- Commodore Mishra was commissioned in the Electrical Branch of Indian Navy in the year 1985. Post-retirement from Navy in Sep 2016,Commodore Mishra served ECIL, a Schedule “A” Central Public Sector Enterprise. Prior to joining BDL, he was General Manager (Defence) at ECIL, Hyderabad.
- Commodore Mishra is a B.Tech in Electrical Engineering, an MSc in Defence Studies and Master of Management Science. He is an alumnus of the prestigious Naval Academy and Naval College of Engineering, Lonavala.
- In his 33 years of distinguished career, Commodore Mishra has held varied Operational and Staff appointments, in addition to heading four major groups at ECIL.
- At Naval Headquarters, he was instrumental in inducting and managing state-of- the- art technology, including policy framing and was in the core team and represented Indian Navy for induction of the Air Craft Carrier into the Services.
- At Naval Dockyard, Visakhapatnam, he planned, coordinated and oversaw execution of refits and modernization of ships and submarines.He also controlled and managed the flawless operation/maintenance/asset management/infrastructure development and resource planning of the Dockyard.
- As a member of the Top Management of ECIL, he has provided excellent leadership to steer various ‘Make-in-India’ programme in defence and other sectors, that has paid rich dividend to the Nation.
Cmde Siddharth Mishra (Retd)
Chairman & Managing Director
- Shri Chandraker Bharti was appointed as Government Nominee Director of our Company with effect from February 02, 2021
- Shri Chandraker Bharti, an engineering graduate from Delhi College of Engineering, had joined Indian Administrative Service in September, 1996 (AGMUT). He has also acquired M.Sc degree in Public Management & Policy from London School of Economics & Political Science, U.K.
- Shri Chandraker Bharti has more than 22 years of experience in Civil Services. He has held various important assignments, which include Additional Commissioner, Department of Sales Tax, Govt. of NCT of Delhi; Director, Ministry of Commerce & Industry, Govt. of India; Development Commissioner in various Government Departments such as Agriculture, Finance & Planning, Industries & Commerce, Information Technology, etc. in the Union Territory of Pondicherry. He had also served for a short period as Secretary, Health & Family Welfare and Environment & Forest Departments of Government of NCT of Delhi.
- Shri Chandraker Bharti had joined as Joint Secretary in the Department of Defence Production, Ministry of Defence in April, 2017 and has been entrusted with the responsibility of Aerospace Division. He is also a Government Nominee Director (Part-Time Official Director) on the Board of Hindustan Aeronautics Limited.
Shri Chandraker Bharti
Joint Secretary (Aero)
- Shri.MSR Prasad, DG (MSS) & Distinguished Scientist was appointed as Government Nominee Director of Our Company with effect from 31 Dec 2018
- Shri MSR Prasad, Distinguished Scientist has been appointed as Director General (Missiles & Strategic Systems), on 28th September 2018.
- Born in 1961, he completed his B. Tech Degree from Madras Institute of Technology in 1984 and M. Tech from IIT, Bombay in Aeronautical Engineering.
- Over the past thirty years, Shri MSR Prasad has made significant contribution in missile technologies for the defence programmes of DRDO.
- His contribution in the areas of Aerospace Structural Design, Analysis and Structural Dynamics studies for various missile projects is noteworthy.
- As one of the senior designers for the submarine launched missile programme, he has provided number of innovative design concepts.
- He successfully contributed towards design, development and production of the country’s first submarine launched ballistic missile B05.
- He has also been responsible for development of highly reliable aerospace mechanisms for the programme.
- These activities have made Shri MSR Prasad achieve his career growth in the missile complex by holding positions as Deputy Project Director -B05, Project Director - K4, Programme Director of the Advanced Naval Systems Programme, Director, Defence Research and Development Laboratory(DRDL) and finally as Director General (Missile & Strategic System).
Director General (Missiles and Strategic Systems)
WHOLE TIME DIRECTORS
- Shri Nuka Srinivasulu assumed charge on 01 July 2020 as Director (Finance) of Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL), a Miniratna Category - 1 Public Sector Undertaking under the Ministry of Defence, Govt. of India.
- A Bachelor in Commerce and an MBA in Finance from Osmania University, Hyderabad, Shri Srinivasulu has a rich experience in various areas of Finance spanning over 30 years, which includes 24 years in BDL.
- Prior to his new assignment, he has served as General Manager (Finance) at BDL.
- During his tenure at BDL, he has played an instrumental role in coordinating with anchor investors for the maiden IPO of the Company, implementation of Indian Accounting Standards, Treasury Management, Taxation, Budgetary Control and Policy formulation.
Shri Nuka Srinivasulu
- Shri. P.Radhakrishna has assumed charge on 1 June 2019 as Director (Production) of Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL).
- Prior to his new appointment, Shri Radhakrishna served as a General Manager in the Bhanur Unit of BDL where he played a key role in establishing the production line for Konkurs, Konkurs – M and Invar Anti-Tank Guided Missiles, Launcher & Rifles ensuring safe operations with an objective of reaching set targets.
- An M.Tech. in Industrial Engineering and Management from JNTU, Hyderabad and a B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering from Nagarjuna University in Andhra Pradesh, Shri Radhakrishna holds rich experience, spanning over 32 years, in various fields of Missile Production which includes areas like Component Production, Missile Integration & testing, Project Planning, Quality Control & Indigenization of Missile Systems.
- He also established effective supply chain management in Anti-Tank Guided Missile Project/s by developing multi-vendor base and import substitution.
- He played a key role in modernizing and establishing state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities to improve the productivity.
- He actively involved in the preparation, implementation of ISO9001:2008 Quality Management System throughout BDL, Bhanur Unit, which is now operating as aerospace standard AS9100D.
- He has been nominated as Member of Technical Oversight Committee by the Ministry of Defence for procurement of modular combat management systems for the Indian Navy and preparation of Long Term Orders for Draft Indigenization Policy.
- Shri N P Diwakar has assumed charge on 1 September 2018 as Director (Technical) of Bharat Dynamics Limited (BDL).
- Prior to his appointment as Director, he served as Executive Director (Bhanur Unit) at BDL. Shri N.P. Diwakar is B.E., in Mechanical Engineering from Osmania University, Hyderabad.
- He has rich Experience span of 28 years in various Missile programs such as Prithvi, Akash & ATGM’s.
- He worked in tandem with DRDO to realise the Prithvi & Akash Missile systems from Development Mode to Series Production Mode.
- He was an Instrumental in Establishing of production lines and man power planning of Akash Missiles and Konkurs Missiles to meet requirement of the Services.
- Establishing Production facilities for Astra Missile at Bhanur. Successfully negotiated with MOD, and received orders Konkurs-M Missiles during March 2017. Prior to joining BDL, he worked for M/s. Oil Natural Gas Corporation, for 6 Years.
Shri N P Diwakar
Last Updated/Reviewed Date: 02/02/2021